HELP DO MORE
Hundreds of energetic helping hands flawlessly assist Project MORE in executing initiatives, fundraiser, and events each year. We are grateful for all the professionals who contribute their talent, wisdom, and experience. Become part of the MORE Support; be an ambassador in the community, gather experience in your field, achieve community services hours, and most importantly, have fun.
The foundation operates professionally with the support of skilled volunteers, contractors, and event staff.
These are board positions that have a voting voice on the strategy and execution of Project MORE Foundation. These roles require 40 hours of commitment per month
-Outreach and Development Director
-Assistant Director to MOREntertainment
These volunteer roles are crucial to the execution with a desired commitment of 25 hours a month, on average.
-Social Media/Content Marketing Coordinator
There’s no better way to develop experience in the nonprofit sector, support a great cause, and get community service hours for your school while doing it. Interns also get all the benefits our MORE Support team would. Commitment levels vary from 10-30 hours per month.
This is our volunteer team. MORE Support gets great benefits like discounted access to events, prizes, and are welcome to join the annual appreciation party. Support us for a single event, or help with an entire campaign, any level of support is appreciated.
Volunteers support in the office, and on-site activities at various events throughout the year including cultural events, outreach functions, and fundraisers. Tasks can include clerical tasks, set-up and strike, hospitality, guest services, and operational support.
The helping hands greatly contribute to our ability to give back to the community and keep events economically accessible to all.
Please contact our Volunteer Services Director at email@example.com or call 408.673.1745.
If you are a current college student in the San Francisco Bay Area, we have internship opportunities with flexible schedules for a variety of major disciplines. Students in the Sacramento Valley are encouraged to apply as well. Get involved by Doing MORE!
Students located in California’s Silicon Valley who are interested in an engaging, interactive, fast-paced, learning environment with an interest in community service, event production and management, hospitality, or non-profit operations should email their letter of interest or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project MORE works with talented professionals to execute its projects. We enjoy working with some of Bay Area’s most popular to produce some of the areas memorable functions. To remain current and provide supporters the most unique experience, we accept applications from those at every experience level.
Sponsor and Business Development Associate
Project MORE Foundation (PMF) is seeking a commission-based, independent contractor in the business development area to help the organization grow and meet its strategic goals. The hands-on candidate should have experience in meeting budgeted revenue for sponsorship of PMF events and communications as well as building strategic affiliations and channels for sustained revenue.
Founded by passionate Silicon Valley community members, PMF has become a leading nonprofit service and support provider to the Northern California Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning (LGBTQ) and Ally community. Our professional organization is primarily volunteer-led with an anticipated 2016 budget of approximately $100,000. Approximately $80,000 is revenue from sponsorship support by companies with inclusive values, seeking brand and philanthropy exposure.
The Representative is a commission-based, independent contractor who works with the Director, Business Development (a volunteer Board position) to achieve the budgeted goals of the association. The Representative has overall responsibility for selling sponsorships and exhibitor space for upcoming community festivals and fundraisers, sponsorship of PMF communications including the website, social media, newsletter and eblasts, and sponsorship of scheduled education programs and outreach initiatives.
Additionally along with the PMF Board, the Representative builds strong relationships between PMF and companies with visibility and presence interests with the LGBTQ and Ally community, maximizing their visibility through appropriate PMF channels.
Key Results Areas
- Adopting a consultative sales approach.
- High value sales against quarterly and event targets.
- Identify high-level sponsorship sales opportunities with existing and new accounts, understanding and identifying business objectives within major accounts.
- Provide a high level of service in account management and strengthen account retention.
- Implement sales for new accounts for budgeted sponsorship revenue. This will be achieved
- primarily through telemarketing and web-based sales presentations to customers and
- prospective sponsors.
- Implement renewal sales efforts to existing sponsors for 2016 events and programs.
- Provide for the timely and accurate management of contracts.
- Prepare weekly reports for the Director, Business Development on current/pending sales and prospects.
- Work closely with the PMF Board to ensure customer satisfaction in sponsorship sales.
- Provides input on marketing and promotional elements related to sponsorships.
- As needed, provide support to collection efforts for sponsorship sales.
- Within budget, may be asked to attend industry related functions.
Independent contractor will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, but not required.
- 3 or more years of sales, marketing or fundraising experience.
- Strong interpersonal and customer communication skills with a customer focused attitude.
- Skills in following up with customers, acting in a professional manner and persistent to be able to close sales to maximize customer decision-making.
- Ability to articulate case for encouraging interest in PMF to corporate partners.
- Strong organizational skills including proficiency in spreadsheet applications including Excel.
- Passion and experience in strategic sales, new business wins, and account management.
- Experience in sponsorship cultivation and management is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent negotiation and rapport building skills.
- High degree of empathy and business acumen.
- Team player with a strong drive and ambition.
- Good organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
For each sales transaction acquired, contractor will be compensated using the following schedule after receipt of funds. Trade or in-kind gifts are excluded.*
Merit Percent Sponsorship Value
*Commission merit is subject to candidate’s years of experience, and proven sales ability. Rate is finalized in contractor’s agreement.Apply